The Art of the Everyday
Jennifer Faris | Family Photographer | Denver, CO
Packages begin at $695 and include digital files with printing rights. $195 deposit is due to book your session. Payment plans available.
Setting options are:
- in-home lifestyle/documentary
- outside urban
- outside natural
For outside locations I will typically provide 2 options no further than 35-40 minutes from your home. If you are willing to travel further for a specific location please let me know!
General guidelines: (Don’t want to think about this? Ask me about the stylist I work with! Rates start at $150 for a fully styled family)
- Avoid fluorescent colors – they can cast colors onto your skin that are very unflattering in photographs. I recommend various versions of primary colors.
- Consider the environment we will be shooting in, make sure you don’t camouflage right into the background but you don’t want to clash either – I can help you with this.
- Layers are your best friend. We all know the weather here in Colorado likes to surprise us from one minute to the next so it’s best to be prepared. Plus, layers tend to photograph really well because they add texture.
- Compliment one another (colors and styles) but don’t match. Let everyone’s own individual personality stand out!
- Generally, my first piece of advice is to pick your outfit first and style everyone else around you! For women I’m a big fan of maxi dresses (or any other comfortable dress) because not only do they flatter almost EVERY body type, but they look amazing in photos. However, if that is just NOT you, no problem. Next up on the ‘looks great in photos’ list is skinny jeans (especially if they’re colored) or leggings and a cute tunic or long top. Just make sure that nothing you choose is too boxy because it will make even the tiniest person look big.
- Lastly, feel free to text or email me photos of your options. I’m happy to help you out!
A few things you should know:
- Once your session is booked I will be emailing you a brief questionnaire so that I can get to know you a little better.
- If you have young kiddos, remember to bring a snack and a water bottle just in case. I want to reassure you that your kids do not have to perform for me, we will just PLAY!
- Family sessions typically run 1-2 hours, newborn sessions 2-3 hours.
- After the session I will typically post a sneak peak on social media (make sure your following me on Facebook and Instagram) within 3-4 days. Your gallery will be ready within 2 weeks.