I’ve written once or twice before on the topic of ‘perspective’. I think it’s because it plays such a crucial role in our lives right now. Without it we could SO EASILY wallow in all that makes life difficult for us.
- Jared’s losing his vision to RP
- Therefore he can’t drive any more
- He was recently laid off
- We can’t afford a housekeeper
- I am convinced without a doubt that as Jared loses his vision God is making it clearer what a real man is, and Jared is becoming that man
- Being laid off is never a good feeling. Finding a job when you can’t drive sucks too. But we decided this was the kick in the proverbial butt that we needed to change our life, follow our dream and start a company so he could work from home.
- Starting a business is hard. Even harder is working from home with 3 young children (we like to call it ‘Crazytown’). But let’s be honest, the perks are AWESOME. For example, last Thursday the natives in this house were restless. Jared suggested a picnic at the zoo and voila – best lunch break ever.
Chasing Daddy around and then time for our picnic!
Heeeeeere hippo hippo!
What’s the zoo without a little treat?
Oh and look…we found Luke’s hair twin!
I know without a doubt that our challenges are not just ‘bad luck’. That in fact it’s how God brings us to the point where we have to choose to either sit in self-pity or find the courage to finally achieve our dreams.
What are your challenges and how has changing your perspective helped you?